Search This Blog

Friday 1 November 2013

Mr Potentially 'The One'

I have regressed.  After vowing very loudly that I would NEVER go back to online dating, I caved in once again.  EHarmony , one of the few online dating sites I hadn’t tried, somehow emailed me (am I on some database or something?) and tempted me on with a free offer.  I have had several friends tell me recently that it has the best success rates but I was dubious...surely it’s just another online dating site with more non-committal types?

I had been on for about a week when I scoured through numerous profiles and sent some ‘smiles’.  And let the conversations begin.  Mr Potentially ‘The One’ went straight into saying how he liked my profile and wrote confidently and articulately but also has a chatty tone.  We exchanged messages for about a week when he suggested about meeting up.  Coincidentally, he works less than 50 metres away from my office  in central London.   Now that is pretty rare, considering  I have spend that last 10 years of my life working in schools near home and as soon as I land a new ‘office’ type job, it just happens to be around the corner from Mr Potentially ‘The One’?  I'm spooked.  I do practise the Laws of Attraction and I have gone as far as creating a vision board to bring forth my knight in shining armour so I am now wondering if this visualisation lark does actually work?!

We met one evening after work and I had got to the bar before him as he was in a late meeting.  I saw him walk in and knew it was him instantly.  He also found me straight away.  A double cheek kiss.  He smelt great and he looked even better.  The first thing I noticed was his eyes.  He had incredibly long eyelashes that curled up to his lids.  He walked off to get a drink at the bar and naturally I looked him up and down.  I really wasn’t expecting to see a very tight behind! My eyes widened and I  gave a secret chuckle to myself and tugged at my collar, I was feeling rather warm! His clothes were very fitted  which accentuated a body that made me go weak at the knees.

Our conversation flowed and he was very easy to talk to.  We both have knee injuries from working out, he also has an allergy (his being to wasps stinks, mine to nuts), we both are real foodies (eating, not making), and he just strikes me as a very likeable , friendly guy.  He is passionate about playing guitar but he abandoned it for the last ten years to focus on his career;  I could relate to that having not participated in any acting until to years ago.  I guess you could say we have some connections and with his hot looks and decent conversation, it’s safe to say I was pretty happy to be on a date with him!
Can he be the one please?
Soon after dinner, I gave him a clear indication that I liked him.  I can only blame the alcohol I had consumed up until then.  He came back from the toilet and I patted the seat next to me so he could sit beside me.  It wasn’t long before we interlocked hands and he leaned in and kissed me.  I responded, in fact, I couldn't quite wait to snog the face off him.  Eeek, too soon?  I don’t know but we had already shared some lingering looks over dinner.  He kissed very gently and placed his hand around my neck/face area which I absolutely adore.  Some men are hideous kissers but he wasn’t at all, I'd go as far as saying he was the perfect kisser.  And I got to touch his arms which were HARD; that may have helped a little bit.

So,  it was a really good night, with more smoochies in the bar and lots of smiling and looking into each other’s eyes.  It’s early days yet, but I have a good feeling about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment